- M.B.A., The Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh
- M.S., Civil Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE-035904-E), Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Certified Cost Professional (No. 2126), Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International
- Certified Cost Segregation Professional (CO113-08), American Society of Cost Segregation Professionals
Joe provides expert advice regarding cost segregation services, technical analysis related to tax credits and incentives, and construction related cost services for Leo Berwick clients.
Prior to joining Leo Berwick, Joe was the National Cost Segregation Leader and Capital Projects leader in the Power, Utilities and Renewable Sector at a national Big 4.
Joe has over 40 years of experience in construction, valuation and consulting. His previous work includes engagements involving fair market valuations, machinery and equipment appraisals, cost segregation services, technical analyses assisting companies related to tax credits, incentives and deductions, project management process and control assessments, and project reviews for cost recovery and financial reporting purposes. Joe has extensive cross industry experience with an emphasis in power generation that includes nuclear, combined cycle and single cycle gas turbine facilities, IGCC clean coal projects, and renewable energy projects including onshore and offshore wind, solar, hydroelectric, geothermal, and biomass.