- Columbia University, B.S. and M.S. Mechanical Engineering
- Allegheny College, B.S. Physics
- New York University, Advanced Professional Certificate Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (ABV), Illinois
- Chartered Financial Analyst CFA Institute
- Accredited Senior Appraiser – Business Valuation/Intangible Assets, American Society of Appraisers
- Accredited Senior Appraiser – Machinery and Equipment, American Society of Appraisers
- Licensed Professional Engineer (Inactive), New Jersey
- Certified Energy Risk Professional, Global Association of Risk Professionals
- Sustainability and Climate Risk Certificate, Global Association of Risk Professionals
- Illinois CPA Society
- American Society of Appraisers
- Financial Analyst Institute
Martin provides valuation, tax, and risk services to Leo Berwick clients with a particular focus on power, water, and other infrastructure industries.
Martin has provided engineering and financial consulting services to a wide range of clients for over 40 years. He began his career as a mechanical engineer for a power plant architect-engineer and has been a member of several valuation practices of international accounting and consulting firms. Prior to his retirement in 2019 from a U.S. Big Four accounting firm, he served as the National Risk Management Partner for the Valuation and Economic Services practices.
Martin has a diverse valuation and appraisal background encompassing many different industries and situations. His long experience providing valuation and tax consulting in connection with energy and infrastructure assets has included work for utility companies, independent power companies, multi-national corporations, privately held companies, private equity funds, investment banks, and law firms. He has assisted clients in tax, accounting, finance, regulatory, and litigation matters and his services have contributed to the successful completion of numerous transactions in the US and abroad.