- M.B.A., Lehigh University
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Lehigh University
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE033725E), Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Accredited Senior Appraiser – Business Valuation/Intangible Assets, American Society of Appraisers
- Chartered Financial Analyst (Charter Number 14159), CFA Institute
- Accredited Senior Appraiser – Machinery and Equipment, American Society of Appraisers
- Certified Cost Professional (Certificate Number 2256), Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International
- Accredited Senior Appraiser – Appraisal Review and Management, American Society of Appraisers
Rick provides valuation services with respect to the power and renewable energy industries for Leo Berwick clients.
Prior to joining Leo Berwick, he was a leader in the valuation practice of a Big 4 firm with a focus on power, renewable energy and infrastructure assets.
Rick has over 40 years of global experience solving the complex valuation issues associated with domestic and international transactions involving power, renewable energy and infrastructure assets. His valuation experience includes conventional thermal generation facilities including coal, natural gas, and nuclear projects and renewable energy facilities including wind, solar, hydroelectric, geothermal and biomass projects. With respect to infrastructure assets, he has valued assets in the electric, natural gas, water and wastewater industries. Rick has also performed asset life expectancy and depreciation studies using Iowa-type survivor curves for a variety of tangible assets along with providing valuation review services.